In keeping with our commitment to sustainability and the goals laid out in the 2030 Agenda, we have begun installation of two photovoltaic facades at our headquarters in Bergondo. The project will stimulate innovation and will have a contribute directly to our pursuit of 6 of the 17 SDGs.
The initiative is part of the OGGY project, our roadmap to energy self-sufficiency. This ambitious project consists of 93 photovoltaic glass panels with eight different modulations to match the facades’ design. The total power rating will be 13.1 kW, allowing us to generate 11,000 kWh per year. The benefits of the new facades are clear:
- The project will result in an increase in energy efficiency of up to 30%.
- The facades will help us become energy self-sufficient, in line with EU goals; for years European legislation has sought to encourage self-consumption and the use of renewable energy.
- Photovoltaic façades reduce cooling requirements by up to 50% compared to standard façades, which means less need for air conditioning in buildings.
- The building-integrated photovoltaics we have chosen are ideal for increasing the comfort of workers and visitors, as they filter harmful solar radiation without obstructing the passage of natural light.
- The facade will enable us to reduce our GHG emissions and thus our corporate carbon footprint.